ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
● Architect, develop and maintain backend libraries/codebase, database & server.
Build modular and robust backend system that can communicate with multiple front-end applications.
● Develop object-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (PHP7, NodeJS, Python etc.).
● Work closely with product manager, designer & frontend team to collaborate to develop the best in class web/mobile applications.
● Optimise APIs, database queries and other relevant components for quick response of the application.
● Design a scalable structure that encompasses all the pillars for OOP.
● Evaluate competitive and innovative products and design approaches to identify best practices and encourage innovation.
● Establish and manage backend team.
● Strong hand on PHP7, Node.js, MongoDB, Redis.
● Ability to write and architect distributed server side applications with principles of atomicity and code reusability.
● Excellent understanding of AWS.
● Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
● Excellent knowledge of using the Git version control system and deployment via Git.
● Excellent understanding of CI/CD deployment workflows.
● Knowledge of HTTP, CORS and other web networking concerns.
● Understanding of DevOps tool like Jenkins.
● Familiar with debugging load issues.
● Familiar with identifying slow database calls and optimizing the same.
● Ability to accurately estimate the amount of time required to complete tasks.
● Ability to provide deliverables within specified deadline with a quality bar.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Highly motivated, self-driven, self-learner.
● 3+ years in backend development in a product company working on high availability and load applications in a distributed environment.
● Must have led a team of backend developers.
● Bachelor’s or Master degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience.
● Diploma or online courses on related backend technologies.